To Mom II

By Rabson Kashamba

Illustration by Watipaso Wanda

Your face wore a smile of pride from the start,
And your cheeks sparkled with gratification.
Flashes of hopeful images hovered in your mind.

You nurtured me like a rose of sacred fragrance,
And breathed into my face your wise breath.
You unravelled me from the cocoon of ignorance.

Your toil is to the mind as a little bird is to a cage;
Inscribed down within the cavities of the heart.
To what on the globe shall I compare your courage?

You are a fountain enclosed in middle of nowhere;
A healing bead of dew fallen on a dry tongue.
My gratitude for your love nothing could compare.





Poetry, Poem, Malawian Poem, Malawian Poetry, Malawian Poems, Poems

2 comments

  1. This is so beautiful. Made me very emotional. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    1. Thanks for your lovely words...glad you liked it❤