Rhythms of My Mind.

By Daniel Mayuni 

Photo via Pixabay

 Dear Bestie
Here is my letter to you
I hope that these words whisper in your thoughts
 for these words will never have the chance to reach your ears.

I miss you is the first thing to say  
Even though you are here, next to me, I still do miss you
I miss the person that you were two years ago
So authentic and facing the world head-on
You always thought that you are very weak
But in my eyes you were this warrior
Fighting back odds that were meant to sweep you.

Tell me your name again
For that name soothes my heart
It suits you
You make me wish to carry every weight that is eager to pull you down
And to chase every man that makes you cry
So I can't be that selfish, to cling to a past that is so long gone
I love you for who you are not who I want you to become

I will pick leaf by leaf from this tree
Till you get to understand what you mean to me
For for each leaf, is an appreciation to earth for nurturing a soul like you
Yes, heaven smiles when you walk
The earth claps with breeze when you speak

And If ever by any chance these words  caress your eyes
My wish is, let them ignite a spark that puts a smile on your beautiful face
Dear Bestie
 

  

 

Poetry, Poem, Malawian Poem, Malawian Poetry, Malawian Poems, Poems

Post a Comment